2501 Monument Avenue
The 27,000 square foot Branch House was built by famed architect John Russell Pope (Thomas Jefferson Memorial, National Archives, National Gallery of Art) as a private residence for financier John Kerr Branch and his wife Beulah Gould Branch. The Tudor Revival structure took two years to complete (1917-1919) and features eleven levels, expansive hallways and an enormous library, employing traditional Tudor, Elizabethan and Jacobean English architectural styles intended to honor the owners’ lineage.
The House was donated to the United Givers Fund in 1953, was purchased by Northwest Mutual Life Insurance in 1982, and then purchased by its current owner, Virginia Center for Architecture Foundation in 2003. It has been open to the public since 2005 and currently operates as The Branch Museum of Architecture and Design.
This exclusive venue listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984, hosts special receptions, parties and meetings, the proceeds of which help support the operations and mission of the Museum.